STSTray is a solution that was designed to be used with any Windows application so long as it can read and write plain
text files. It works on all versions of Windows from Windows 95
to Windows Vista
STSTray is, at its simplest, an application that allows you to display an icon in the Windows system tray.
But that's not all that it is able to do! Using the TrayScript scripting language
it can also:
- Display a menu when the user clicks on the icon, and take actions when the user selects an item from the
menu, including communicating back to your application what the user selected
- Display a tooltip when the mouse passes over the icon
- Display a notification balloon under Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Flash the icon at a user-settable time interval
- Switch back and forth between two icons at a user-settable time interval
- Display an "answer" dialog box with different settings, and capture the selection made by the user to
pass back to MetaCard/LiveCode
- Write a file to disk
- Launch a program
- Icons can be GIFs, JPEGs, or ICO files, and will automatically scale to fit the system tray
- Check a web server and notify users when updaters of your product is avaialble
- And much more...!
A fully-featured Demo Version is available, and the Licensed Version is $19.95 per developer seat
in unlimited products
! So what do you have to lose?
Find out more or purchase/download STSTray...